Home Product Reviews My Instagram My Facebook Subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Primetime Is All The Time With Our DVR

Thanks for this guest post Ryan Poston!

My wife and I work retail schedules, meaning we can't guarantee we'll be home during primetime TV hours. That's a bad thing, since we're both TV junkies who would die without our weekly fixes of NCIS, BURN NOTICE, THE BIG BANG THEORY, CRIMINAL MINDS, and AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. Thankfully, we have a direct tv dvr to ensure we don't miss these or any other "can't miss" shows.

With such hectic schedules, sometimes we'd rather be doing something else during primetime anyway. I love RULES OF ENGAGEMENT and really hate to miss an episode. But on the rare occasion the wife and I are both home on a Wednesday, it's nice to be able to go out to dinner or enjoy some intimate time together in the bedroom rather than sitting in front of the TV. As much as I enjoy the relationship antics of David Spade, Patrick Warburton, Megyn Price, and the gang, I prefer investing time in my own relationship with the love of my life whenever I get the chance.

Because we work so hard, sometimes we call it a night before later shows like SAVING GRACE or IN PLAIN SIGHT air. No problem with the trusty DVR, since we can catch these shows during breakfast the next day, or on that even rarer occasion when we have a whole day off together.

We've been told we need to watch less TV. Why? With the convenience of a DVR, we can catch all the shows we love and still have plenty of time for work, sleep, family, friends, and - most important of all - each other.

No comments: